Latest posts by Guy Fighel (see all)
- Decisions: a deeper look - July 20, 2018
- Introducing Decisions: smart correlation for busy ops teams - July 16, 2018
- AI and Machine Learning Powered Correlations for Prometheus - June 14, 2018
Every Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) knows that the more DevOps tools you use to ensure adequate monitoring coverage, the more likely you’ll end up overloaded with alerts and data analysis tasks. Paradoxically, this avalanche of alerts and data might actually cause you to miss precisely the issues you are trying to identify. To help in this situation, SignifAI delivers powerful real-time and predictive insights to DevOps teams by correlating their event, log and metrics data using a combination of artificial intelligence, machine learning and the team’s own expertise.
SignifAI offers 60+ integrations right out-of-the-box with technologies like AWS, New Relic, AppDynamics, Nagios and Pager Duty. The available integrations cover the most popular DevOps tools used for infrastructure, application, notification, collaboration and deployment tasks. In this week’s post we’ll take a look at how easy it is to add Slack’s collaborative features to issues being triaged inside of SignifAI.
How Slack and SignfAI integration works
Slack is a powerful chat tool used by many DevOps teams to bring all of their communications together in a single place. Slack allows teams to collaborate faster, plus reduce the communication time and cycles between engineers – hence shorten the mean time to resolution. SignifAI posts notifications to Slack and then monitors the channel. SignifAI applies its machine intelligence to understand which incidents are most important to you, their resolutions and defining characteristics.
This integration also allows you to receive the most up to date issue status changes such as “issue creation” and “issue resolution” from within Slack. With a single click on the issue’s name, you will be directly taken to the relevant issue’s incident card inside of SignifAI.
With SignifAI’s certified Slack integration, users can collaborate with one another without loosing the context of the issues. Integration setup and authentication is simple, allowing users to quickly integrate SignifAI and Slack in their incident resolution workflows.
Getting started with Slack integration
- Use the button in the console to initiate the Slack OAuth 2.0 process.
- From slack.com, choose your Slack team and a channel for communication.
- Authorize using the green button at slack.com.
Collaborating in SignifAI with Slack
Here’s how to share an issue from inside SignifAI to keep key team members informed so you can collaborate on a solution.
- In the issue feed, click the Menu icon on an issue, then click Issue Collaboration.
- Next select the sharing channel and enter the recipient’s. For example, select “Slack” and then write your own personal comment to be shared with the team.
- Consider adding a comment that helps team members understand why you are sharing the issue with them.